Having the discipline to save money is a life-skill that pays off time and time again. Maybe you’ve already gotten into the habit of stashing away part of every paycheck to pay for continuing your education or other long-term expenses. If so, you are ahead of the game. Here are other ways to save money:
- If you’re in school or going back, buy or rent used textbooks—and sell back any books you no longer need.
- Never go grocery shopping when you’re hungry.
- Drink water. It’s usually free—and it’s better for you.
- Walk, use public transportation or ride a bike instead of having a car.
- Check out student discounts. Lots of places offer price breaks if you show a student ID.
- Don’t buy music. Take advantage of free services like Pandora or Spotify instead.
- Resist the urge to get a pet. You’ll rack up big veterinary bills—and you probably won’t have the time to give a pet the attention it deserves.
For more tips, go to Fastweb.com/personal-finance